At least 2 million breastpumps are purchased annually by new parents — which is good news because breastfeeding is a healthy and green choice for you, your baby and for the environment. However, there is a downside. Most breastpumps are only recommended for a single user by the FDA; and even if a breastpump has only been used for a few days or weeks it will end up in a landfill. That equals a lot of waste! Luckily, Hygeia has a sensible green breast pump solution for concerned eco-conscious parents. The Hygeia EnJoye Professional Grade Breastpump provides proven performance and features robust-hospital like construction, so it’s perfect for parents who need to pump at work or even for mamas who are exclusively pumping breast milk!
Additionally, the Hygeia EnJoye breastpump is registered with the FDA as a multi-user product. When you no longer need your breastpump, you can pass it on to another mama friend, which is more cost effective and also means fewer breastpumps end up in landfills. Each new user simply needs her own inexpensive EnJoye Personal Accessory Set for safety and she’s good to go.
The Hygeia EnJoye Breastpump has plenty of amazing features which are perfect for eco-friendly (and busy) families.
- Certified reusable by the FDA. This means that the EnJoye is perfectly safe for re-use between mamas. The EnJoye features a unique bacteria/virus filter which is designed to block bacteria, viruses and fluid from entering the pump or causing cross contamination. All the parts of this breastpump that touch a mother or her milk are part of her own inexpensive personal accessory set.
- Hygeia pumps are made from recyclable materials and when you no longer need to use your Hygeia EnJoye breastpump, Hygeia will recycle the pump or its part in a sound ecological manner for you.
- All Hygeia products that come into contact with breast milk are BPA-free, lead-free, phthalate-free and latex-free.
- Features an optional reusable lithium ion battery. This rechargeable battery will last for up to four hours of use, and is an awesome green feature. Competitive breastpumps typically use multiple AA batteries that end up in landfills after use.
- Each Hygeia pump comes with a unique C.A.R.E. Button (Customized, Audio, Recording, Experience) – a feature that no other pump has – that allows you to record and play back your baby’s cry. This is an excellent feature that can help you achieve milk let down when you’re pumping away from your baby.
- Hygeia offers a “Hygeia Total Compatibility Guarantee.” You can get a return credit/exchange if you feel that the pump is not compatible with your nursing requirements during the first 21 days — plus, Hygeia offers one of the longest warranties in the industry – 3 years!
- Lastly, Hygeia is WHO Code Compliant and aims to support mamas and babies throughout the world.
The Hygeia EnJoye Breastpump is offered in several different versions, including a drawstring tote/backpack combo which features everything mom needs to pump and chill her milk. There are also accessories available such as extra breast milk containers and cold carry totes. See all options at Hygeia.