With more than 20,000 retail locations throughout the world, Green America believes that Starbucks is uniquely positioned to trigger major supply-chain shifts when it comes to organics and non-GMO products, and they’re not wrong. Starbucks is a huge company who could make a real impact, if they decide to take organic action. This in mind, Green America’s GMO Inside campaign is calling on Starbucks to switch to serving all-organic, non-GMO dairy products. This decision would be massive and have the ability to impact many other coffee companies. Plus, this change would only continue to support recent positive changes Starbucks has made, such as sourcing only rBGH-free milk and serving organic soy milk. Green America, and I’m sure plenty of consumers believe that Starbucks can send an even bigger message by serving ONLY organic dairy. Right now, you can join in the campaign and tell Starbucks that you want organic milk from cows raised on non-GMO feed available for your coffee. See below for ways you can help.
- Sign the Green America petition. This will be sent to Starbucks’ CEO asking Starbucks to serve only organic, non-GMO milk.
- Call Starbucks at 1-800-782-7282.
- Download and take this ticket when you go to Starbucks and give it to the cashier.
- Ask Starbucks to go organic on the Starbucks Facebook page.
- Share this post on your Facebook page, Twitter, and email it to a Starbucks loving pal.