As the holiday season winds to close we’re counting down the days to the new year with a look at some of Inhabitat’s most exciting stories of 2008! It’s been an outstanding year in green building and today we’re looking back at ten of the most impressive green architecture projects of 2008. From LEED platinum superstructures to innovative recycled and reclaimed buildings to ground-breaking monuments that integrate incredible new technologies, read on the year’s best and brightest developments!
10. GREENPIX Zero Energy Media Wall Lights up Beijing
9. SOM’s Stunning Cathedral of Christ the Light
8. The New Green California Academy of Sciences Unveiled!
7. The World’s First Energy-Generating Revolving Door
6. Thai Temple Built From One Million Recycled Bottles
5. China’s Spiraling Shanghai Tower Breaks Ground
4. Recycled Subway Cars Turned into Studios in London
3. ZIGGURAT: Dubai Carbon Neutral Pyramid will House 1 Million
2. Retreat to an Ewok Eco Sphere in the Trees
1. Amazing Green Roof Art School in Singapore