Yuka Yoneda

5 (Mostly) Free and Easy Ways to Green Your 4th of July

by , 07/02/10
filed under: Recycling initiatives

uncle sam wants you to have a green 4th of july, green independence day, eco-friendly july 4th, sustainable july fourth, green celebration, green bbq, green party, tofu pup, garden burgerImage credit: modified photo from Giolou’s Flickr photostream

Substitute Tofu Pups and Garden Burgers for hot dogs and hamburgers

Raising livestock uses an incredible amount of energy and releases tons of methane into the air. This year, try serving soy dogs and burgers instead of meat – they’re better for the environment and for your health. And a lot of times, people can’t even tell the difference!

Cost: $3-4 a box on average

uncle sam wants you to have a green 4th of july, green independence day, eco-friendly july 4th, sustainable july fourth, green celebration, green bbq, green party, no air conditioning

Turn off the AC

If your BBQ is going on outdoors, why not turn off (or at least turn down) your air conditioner inside? You’ll save energy and $$ and it’ll give people a reason to stay outside where the action is.

Cost: negative (you’ll actually save money)

1. matiainn December 3, 2012 at 9:30 pm

Stop hack the program!!!

2. Tigdiegrerma March 16, 2012 at 8:30 pm

Hi guys!! Greetz from Paramount

3. BuppystuxusH March 6, 2012 at 12:20 pm

Hi

I am new here, hi people !

4. snormamarl March 5, 2012 at 9:27 pm

Hi forum members! Greetings from Malcom

5. Pareteab February 29, 2012 at 2:42 am

Hi

I am rookie here, hi people .

6. Hoaletcoore February 26, 2012 at 7:56 pm

Hello

I am new member, hi forum members .

7. lemshype February 23, 2012 at 3:40 pm

Hello guys! Greetz from Pleasant Plains

8. Hiellathe January 21, 2012 at 10:42 am

Hi,

I’ve been lurking around here for a long time now and this is my first post…. Before I did an intro post I wanted to see if anyone would be willing to share some of the other sites you use other than this forum…. Not necesarily other forums (although those are good too) but also just informational type sites/blogs. Thanks in advance!

9. Rixbia December 29, 2011 at 6:16 am

I’m the first time to come inhabitat.com and just saying hello.
    I really love inhabitat.com this great site.

10. CurtisAX2 November 1, 2011 at 1:19 am

Whats up everybody

I am new at all to this forum, so just considered it may be fine introducing myself to the rest of the regular members ;)

I’m called Curtis and i’m 25ish old. Recently got intrigued in to all of the online social interaction.

Anyhow, enough the fluff and hope I am going to be taught a idea or two here ;)

11. uekevinq6 July 7, 2011 at 3:46 am

Hello Everyone. I am just new here.I am here to gain and share views.I hope I will enjoy myself here. Thank You.

12. emjoshuah6 July 1, 2011 at 11:43 pm

Nice to be a part of this forum. Looking forward to reading your posts. I hope I can help out as well. See you on the board.

13. szsargentf8 June 28, 2011 at 4:01 pm

Hi,I’m new here and would like to say hello. Hope to get to know some of you.

14. HoftTiefe May 25, 2011 at 7:43 pm

Florida deep-sea explorers asked a federal appeals court Tuesday to overturn an earlier ruling that 17 tons of treasure recovered from a sunken Spanish galleon belongs to Spain, deepening a long-running battle over a trove worth at least $500 million that has unfolded not on the high seas but in federal courtrooms.
    Attorneys for Odyssey Marine Exploration asked the three-judge panel of the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals to uphold the “finders keepers” rule that would give the treasure hunters the rights to silver coins, copper ingots, gold cufflinks and other artifacts salvaged about four years ago from the galleon off the coast of Portugal. Spain’s lawyers countered that U.S. courts are obligated by international treaty and maritime law to uphold Spain’s claim to the haul.

15. 5 Easy and Economical W... July 4, 2010 at 9:01 am

[...] READ MORE > 0 email thisemail facebookfacebook diggdigg tweetmeme_url = "http://inhabitat.com/2010/07/04/5-easy-and-economical-ways-to-green-up-your-4th-of-july/"; tweetmeme_style = "compact"; [...]