I predict that in the coming months, we will see increasing activity in the sustainable development and design sector, which will ignite and support a robust economic recovery across many sectors. Why so optimistic? Our clients inspire us. We have been fortunate to work with teams at NASA, American University School of International Service, and Greenbridge Developments, to name just a few. Each one demonstrates that high aspirations and commitment to quality and well-being can yield powerful, catalytic results.
1. William McDonough (Eco Designer & Thought Leader, Founder Cradle To Cradle, MBDC, and William McDonough + Partners)
2. Graham Hill (Founder, Treehugger.com and Vice President, Interactive Media, Planet Green)
3. Jill Fehrenbacher (Designer, Founder & Editor-in-chief of Inhabitat)
4. Michelle Kaufmann (Architect and Founder, Michelle Kaufmann Studio)
5. Emily Pilloton (Green Designer and Founder/Executive Director, Project H)
6. Lloyd Alter (Architecture and Design Writer, Treehugger.com)
7. Zem Joaquin (Founder, Ecofabulous)
8. Sarah Rich (Founder, Longshot Magazine and Co-Founder, The Foodprint Project)
9. Kira Gould (Author and Director of Communications, William McDonough + Partners, co-author of Women in Green: Voices of Sustainable Design)
10. Katie Fehrenbacher (Editor, Earth2Tech.com and Writer, GigaOM.com)
11. David Johnson (Architect and Partner, William McDonough + Partners)
12. Bridgette Meinhold (Designer, Artist & Architecture Editor at Inhabitat.com)
Did our experts’ predictions for 2010 hit or miss the mark? Read what they had to say about last year.