Gallery: Green Design Predictions For 2011!
Emily Pilloton - Green Designer and Founder of Project H (and Inhabitat Editor Emeritus)
In 2010, I was happy to see more and more designers working within the realm of social impact and environmental responsibility. In 2011, however, I hope to see not only the volume of such designers increase, but the quality of such work continually improve. This will be the year for us to all to be critical, brave, sharply idealistic, and allergic to mediocrity - design "for the greater good" doesn't automatically make it "good design". In short, design can change the world... but only if it's excellent.
1. William McDonough (Eco Designer & Thought Leader, Founder Cradle To Cradle, MBDC, and William McDonough + Partners)
2. Graham Hill (Founder, Treehugger.com and Vice President, Interactive Media, Planet Green)
4. Michelle Kaufmann (Architect and Founder, Michelle Kaufmann Studio)
5. Emily Pilloton (Green Designer and Founder/Executive Director, Project H)
6. Lloyd Alter (Architecture and Design Writer, Treehugger.com)
7. Zem Joaquin (Founder, Ecofabulous)
8. Sarah Rich (Founder, Longshot Magazine and Co-Founder, The Foodprint Project)
10. Katie Fehrenbacher (Editor, Earth2Tech.com and Writer, GigaOM.com)
11. David Johnson (Architect and Partner, William McDonough + Partners)
Did our experts’ predictions for 2010 hit or miss the mark? Read what they had to say about last year.