Gallery: Green Design Predictions For 2011!
Kira Gould - Director of Communications, William McDonough + Partners, and co-author of Women in Green: Voices of Sustainable Design
The inspiring author and educator David Orr once reminded me that optimism is part of the recipe for hope in hard times. I believe that 2011 will bring many surprising developments as well as some that are not surprising at all. I anticipate that one unsurprising (and disappointing) reality will have a silver lining: Congress will demonstrate continuing lack of leadership on climate issues, even those with obvious domestic green jobs benefits. That will be a call to action for designers, citizens, businesses, and others, who will find other ways to create green paths toward thriving economies and communities.
1. William McDonough (Eco Designer & Thought Leader, Founder Cradle To Cradle, MBDC, and William McDonough + Partners)
2. Graham Hill (Founder, Treehugger.com and Vice President, Interactive Media, Planet Green)
4. Michelle Kaufmann (Architect and Founder, Michelle Kaufmann Studio)
5. Emily Pilloton (Green Designer and Founder/Executive Director, Project H)
6. Lloyd Alter (Architecture and Design Writer, Treehugger.com)
7. Zem Joaquin (Founder, Ecofabulous)
8. Sarah Rich (Founder, Longshot Magazine and Co-Founder, The Foodprint Project)
10. Katie Fehrenbacher (Editor, Earth2Tech.com and Writer, GigaOM.com)
11. David Johnson (Architect and Partner, William McDonough + Partners)
Did our experts’ predictions for 2010 hit or miss the mark? Read what they had to say about last year.