Happy new year everyone!
has dropped, the confetti has cleared, and we're excited to embark upon a brand new year! As we ring in 2012 we've turned to environmental experts and design luminaries from around the world to give us their predictions for 2012. The past year was filled with groundbreaking design innovations
, and we can't wait to see what the future holds - read on for 2012 predictions from some of the brightest minds in green design.
1. Peter Ward, Ph.D – Paleontologist, Author of On Methuselah’s Trail: Living Fossils and the Great Extinctions, Professor of Geological Sciences at the University of Washington in Seattle
2. Cameron Sinclair – Founder, Architecture for Humanity
3. Katie Fehrenbacher – Editor, Earth2Tech.com and Writer, GigaOM.com
4. Bob Vila – Home Improvement, Home Remodeling, and Home Repair Expert, Host of This Old House
5. Zem Joaquin – Founder & Editor-in-chief, Ecofabulous.com
6. Piers Fawkes – Trend Expert, Founder & Editor-in-chief, PSFK.com
7. Jennifer Schwab – Chief Sustainability Officer, Sierra Club Green Home
8. Tafline Laylin – Managing Editor, Green Prophet; Inhabitat Contributor
9. Mike Chino – Managing Editor, Inhabitat
10. Yuka Yoneda – Senior Editor, Inhabitat
11. Jill Fehrenbacher – Editor in Chief and Founder, Inhabitat
Did our experts’ predictions for 2011 hit or miss the mark? Read what they had to say about last year here…