Gallery: Green Design Predictions for 2012
9. Cameron Sinclair - Founder, Architecture for Humanity1. The rhetoric of the 2012 election will force US-based sustainability advocates to decouple themselves from the political process and seek support elsewhere.
2. The price of solar lows to a tipping point to create huge opportunity for off-grid living both in the US and abroad.
3. The decision over Keystone XL will be one of the main deciders for independents and could swing the election.
4. Architecture for Humanity will be part of a coalition of the willing to implement a 100 sustainable classrooms in North and South America.
Four Projects We Are Excited About.
1. Completing our ten school building program in Haiti in 2012
2. Designing new Football for Hope centers in South Africa, DR Congo, Mozambique and Zimbabwe.
3. Starting a Green Schools Program to build one hundred sustainable classrooms.
4. See all the entries for the Unrestricted Access Competition, transforming military spaces to civic places.
1. Peter Ward, Ph.D – Paleontologist, Author of On Methuselah’s Trail: Living Fossils and the Great Extinctions, Professor of Geological Sciences at the University of Washington in Seattle
Did our experts’ predictions for 2011 hit or miss the mark? Read what they had to say about last year here…