6 Egg-citing NYC Easter Activities for Kids and Adults!
NYC Easter Parade
This New York City pastime draws in a huge crowd each year. Located along 5th Ave., a number of nearby cathedrals, including Saint Patrick’s and St. Thomas, open their Easter services to the public. Come to enjoy the procession or simply people watch and take in the variety of costumed revelers that make an appearance.
5th Ave., from 49th St. to 57th St.; 4/8, 10 a.m.–4 p.m.
The quintessential farm in NYC hosts their annual Easter Festival with a bunny, egg hunts, Bunny Hop dancing, and egg toss and egg rolling games on the lawn with farm animal visits and a hayride. Egg hunts will be ongoing throughout the day, and “Whiskers” the bunny will be hopping around the farm to greet children and pose for pictures — bring your camera!
Queens County Farm Museum in Glen Oaks; 4/7, noon – 4 p.m.
If you’re looking to bite the head off a chocolate bunny and aren’t afraid of a little competition, the Amazing Easter Egg Hunt is for you. Teams have to care for a “real egg” as they run around Manhattan hunting down “golden eggs” (filled with with prizes like free dinners, gift cards, and bar tabs) and the elusive Easter Bunny. At $60 ticket it’s a little pricey, but admission buys you complimentary drinks and appetizers, as well as team picture to commemorate your day! And of course, if you win…
120 E. 15th St.; 4/1, noon–5 p.m.
Image via What to Expect
Stop by Film Biz Recycling for a fun and FREE family-friendly craft workshop and scavenger hunt. Local artist/educator Kat Roberts will be holding the DIY Craft Workshop (ages 5+), and everyone can have fun joining in on the scavenger hunt throughout the FBR Prop Shop. Find hidden Easter eggs stuffed with fun prizes!
540 President St Brooklyn (Gowanus); 4/8, 2 p.m.-5 p.m.
Image via Painting Lilies
Forget those dip-dye packages you pick up at Duane Reade, instead flex your skills at the Ukranian Museum’s Pysanka’s workshop, where you’ll learn the batik-method for decorating eggs. This traditional approach uses natural dyes, beeswax, and a stylus to create beautiful egg designs. And if you need a bit of inspiration before getting started, the nearly 300 Ukrainian eggs held in the museum’s collection will probably do the trick.
Ukrainian Museum; 4/1, 11 a.m.–1 p.m.; 222 E. 6th St.; RSVP is a must!
Take a mini-holiday on a boat and enjoy an afternoon or night cruise around the city. Departing from Chelsea Piers, you can chat, take in a drink or two, and revel in the views of lower Manhattan — while your children pester the Easter Bunny on board, of course.
Chelsea Piers; 4/8 at 11:30 a.m.
Lead Image via Shutterstock
- VIDEO: Join Inhabitat on a Cruelty-Free Animal Adventure in New York!
- 6 Green (and Free) Summer Things to Do in NYC!
- 10 Fun (and FREE) Earth Day Events to Enjoy in New York City
- NY Department of Health Finds Lead Contamination in Locally-Sourced Eggs
- Win a Brand New Sustainable Chair in TODAY’s “Chair Chase” Scavenger Hunt
MOST POPULAR RESTAURANTS
Browse by Keyword
- The Opening of the Highline Urban Park Video The Opening of the HIghline Urban Park
- Inhabitat Green Tour of BKLYN Designs Video Inhabitat Green Tour of BKLYN Designs
- Project Earth Day Eco Fashion Show Video Project Earth Day Eco Fashion Show
- Project Earth Day Fashion Competition Video Project Earth Day Fashion Competition
- Portable Green Energy Video Portable Green Energy
- Mary Lou Jepsen on One Laptop Per Child Video Mary Lou Jepsen on One Laptop Per Child
- Enviro-artist Chris Jordan Video Enviro-artist Chris Jordan
- Chris Jordan Interview Video Chris Jordan Interview
- Greener Gadgets Design Competition Winners Video GGC Design Competition
- Greener Gadgets Introduction Video Greener Gadgets Intro
- Grow A Living Treehouse Video Grow A Living Treehouse
- New Mklotus Prefab Video New Mklotus Prefab
- Sustainable Design Panel Video Sustainable Design Panel
- Green Building & Remodeling For Dummies
- Design Like You Give a Damn: Architectural Responses to Humanitarian Crises
- The Green House: New Directions in Sustainable Architecture
- Cradle to Cradle: Remaking the Way We Make Things
- Green Roofs: Ecological Design And Construction
- ecoDesign: The Sourcebook
- Prefab Prototypes: Site-Specific Design for Offsite Construction
- Planet Earth: As You've Never Seen It Before
follow inhabitat on:
< previous next >
su m t w th f sa 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31