Lula’s Sweet Apothecary – CLOSED516 East 6th Street, New York, New York 10009
Lula’s Sweet Apothecary – CLOSED website >
HOURS: Sunday, 3pm -10pm
Tues - Wed, 3pm - 10pm
Thurs - Sat, 3pm - 11:30pm
NEIGHBORHOOD: East Village
CATEGORIES: ice cream, vegan
Lula’s Sweet Apothecary is a dream-come-true, old-fashioned vegan ice cream parlor in the East Village. For those vegans and lactose-intolerant New Yorkers who had been longing for delectable non-dairy ice cream destination in NYC, you have met your match! With a daily rotating roster of amazing concoctions like blueberry pie, pistachio and mint-chip, as well as classic 1950′s ice cream parlor options like banana splits and root beer floats, no ice cream lover will walk away from this place empty handed. Lula’s ice creams are all made on the premises using coconut milk, soy milk and other nut milks. There are gluten-free & organic selections, as well compostable napkins and compostable to-go containers, so you can feel good about saving the planet while also being kind to animals and your waistline. The ambiance of this tiny parlor is charming as well – there is always Hank Williams playing on the jukebox, benches outside, and a beautiful community garden next door for ice cream savoring.
Sadly, this establishment is now closed.
READER REVIEWS (2)
I love ice cream. A lot. That said, I’m not vegan or lactose intolerant, but I brought my sister when she visited. She happens to loves ice cream just as much as me but is allergic to dairy. I was a little wary, but all my concerns flew out the window as soon as that first spoonful of peanut butter chocolate heaven hit my lips. Seriously some of the best ice cream I’ve ever had.
Lula\’s is the best thing ever! My son loves the yummy vegan ice cream, and parents can get nostalgic over the old fashion decor and Hank Williams blasting from the jukebox. Even better, it is just down the block from the 6BC community garden, so you can take your ice-cream to this lush paradise to enjoy it amongst the shady foliage. Yay Lula\’s!
MOST POPULAR RESTAURANTS
Browse by Keyword
- The Opening of the Highline Urban Park Video The Opening of the HIghline Urban Park
- Inhabitat Green Tour of BKLYN Designs Video Inhabitat Green Tour of BKLYN Designs
- Project Earth Day Eco Fashion Show Video Project Earth Day Eco Fashion Show
- Project Earth Day Fashion Competition Video Project Earth Day Fashion Competition
- Portable Green Energy Video Portable Green Energy
- Mary Lou Jepsen on One Laptop Per Child Video Mary Lou Jepsen on One Laptop Per Child
- Enviro-artist Chris Jordan Video Enviro-artist Chris Jordan
- Chris Jordan Interview Video Chris Jordan Interview
- Greener Gadgets Design Competition Winners Video GGC Design Competition
- Greener Gadgets Introduction Video Greener Gadgets Intro
- Grow A Living Treehouse Video Grow A Living Treehouse
- New Mklotus Prefab Video New Mklotus Prefab
- Sustainable Design Panel Video Sustainable Design Panel
- Green Building & Remodeling For Dummies
- Design Like You Give a Damn: Architectural Responses to Humanitarian Crises
- The Green House: New Directions in Sustainable Architecture
- Cradle to Cradle: Remaking the Way We Make Things
- Green Roofs: Ecological Design And Construction
- ecoDesign: The Sourcebook
- Prefab Prototypes: Site-Specific Design for Offsite Construction
- Planet Earth: As You've Never Seen It Before
- READ MORE >
- READ MORE >
READ MORE >
Is HAO's Alternative Domino Sugar Complex Plan Better for Williamsburg Than Two Trees' Current Design?
- READ MORE >