The village centeris a restored rectory that was built in 1763, and is meant to define the village identity and create a modern meeting place. It features a subterranean tunnel that allows access for the tourists between hotels and ski lifts, while on the surface, a small footpath connects the square with the upper part of the village. The square is located at the heart of the complex and includes an outside seating area.
Related: UNESCO announces winning design for the Bamiyan Cultural Center in Afghanistan
The structure was built mainly for the village music band, which is why the band practice room acts as the heart of the building. Angled walls provide better acoustic isolation, while the external wooden lattice structure creates a triangular geometry that dominates the site. The external music pavilion is located on the south side and features vertical wooden panels, which enhance its acoustics.
+ Parc Architekten