The geese saga continues as the New York City Department of Environmental Protection announced last week an expected round up of 700 to 800 Canada geese from parks in and around the…
Eco-friendly New Yorkers, take a moment and pat yourselves on the back. In a new survey on the sustainability practices and policies of American and Canadian cities, New York was named…
The Complete Streets Legislation unanimously passed both the state Senate and the Assembly yesterday with Governor Andrew Cuomo expected to sign the new legislation into law. The law…
The New York Solar Jobs Act of 2011, a bill that aims to bring huge environmental and economic benefits to New York, is set to be voted on in the State Assembly today. In New York…
On Monday, the New York State Assembly passed a one year ban on fracking due to rising concerns about the effects it might have on drinking water. Fracking has proven to be very…
The C40 Cities Climate Leadership Group and the World Bank announced a new partnership that will help cities speed up reduction of greenhouse gas emissions and become more…
New York City has really been working hard to turn its infamous concrete jungle image into something greener and more sustainable. Last month, updates to PlaNYC 2030 were released with…
It's a question we think about a lot here at Inhabitat: what is a sustainable city? Is it LEED certified buildings? Efficient public transportation? An abundance of green space? This…
Earlier this week, city officials broke ground on a brownfield site in Williamsburg, initiating a clean-up and redevelopment of Triangle Court, a vacant lot just east of the BQE.
Mayor Bloomberg presented an update to PlaNYC: A Greener, Greater New York today, assessing the program's progress since its launch four years ago.
Federal Grant Will Help Build New Sustainable Transportation and Community Development Projects in NY
Through an ambitious joint effort between New York and Connecticut, federal funding will soon provide a huge investment directed towards community development and sustainable…
Environmental groups from all across New York State came together in Albany earlier this week for a ‘Fracking Day of Action.'
The fact that PCBs have been leaking into New York City's schools for months is bad enough, but now the situation has been even further complicated with the discovery of asbestos.
The EPA has rejected the Bloomberg administration's 10-year removal plan and is pushing for a five-year removal deadline.
MTA says artists are in violation of trademark laws by selling art work that is printed on MetroCards.
Supporters of PPW controversial bike lane turn out by the hundreds on Sunday, April 10.
NYSERDA launched an incentive program for thermal solar systems, in an effort to encourage New Yorkers to swap electric hot water systems for solar-powered systems.
The NYC City Council approved three new green building codes, all of which call for more energy-efficient roofs.
Signed into law last year, New York State's Electronic Equipment Recycling and Reuse Act takes effect today.
The Green Taxis Act of 2011 calls for changing the federal law to allow cities to set their own efficiency standards for taxi cabs.
New York City's Local Law 84 has the potential to transform how we understand our energy usage.
The debate over the Prospect Park West bike lane has erupted into a full-blown legal battle that will be decided in court.
With Vision 2020, Mayor Bloomberg plans to revitalize and restore New York City's waterways and shorelines.
The EPA is pushing New York City to create a faster timeline for removing PCB tainted light fixtures from the city's schools.
MOST POPULAR RESTAURANTS
Browse by Keyword
- The Opening of the Highline Urban Park Video The Opening of the HIghline Urban Park
- Inhabitat Green Tour of BKLYN Designs Video Inhabitat Green Tour of BKLYN Designs
- Project Earth Day Eco Fashion Show Video Project Earth Day Eco Fashion Show
- Project Earth Day Fashion Competition Video Project Earth Day Fashion Competition
- Portable Green Energy Video Portable Green Energy
- Mary Lou Jepsen on One Laptop Per Child Video Mary Lou Jepsen on One Laptop Per Child
- Enviro-artist Chris Jordan Video Enviro-artist Chris Jordan
- Chris Jordan Interview Video Chris Jordan Interview
- Greener Gadgets Design Competition Winners Video GGC Design Competition
- Greener Gadgets Introduction Video Greener Gadgets Intro
- Grow A Living Treehouse Video Grow A Living Treehouse
- New Mklotus Prefab Video New Mklotus Prefab
- Sustainable Design Panel Video Sustainable Design Panel
- Green Building & Remodeling For Dummies
- Design Like You Give a Damn: Architectural Responses to Humanitarian Crises
- The Green House: New Directions in Sustainable Architecture
- Cradle to Cradle: Remaking the Way We Make Things
- Green Roofs: Ecological Design And Construction
- ecoDesign: The Sourcebook
- Prefab Prototypes: Site-Specific Design for Offsite Construction
- Planet Earth: As You've Never Seen It Before
follow inhabitat on:
< previous next >
su m t w th f sa 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30