Spring is in the air! If you’re hoping to give your home a seasonal refresh, celebrity realtor Richard Nassimi has some tips on how you can spruce your space up by paring down. As the CEO of The Nassimi Group, Nassimi has helped stars like actress Lindsey Lohan, musician Bow Wow and basketball player Jeremy Lin with their luxury apartments searches, and specializes in creating minimalist design concepts for pre-furnished homes. Read on for some of Nassimi’s top pointers on how to achieve a simple, clean and high-end aesthetic in your space.
1. “One of the best ways to achieve a minimalist atmosphere in your home is to limit the number of furnishings to just a few key pieces,” says Nassimi. “In our living rooms, we might only have a couch, another chair, a coffee table, and a couple of lamps. Or even less – a bedroom might only have a simple bed, a dresser, and night stand. It’s all about quality over quantity. The fewer pieces of furniture, the better.”
RELATED: 6 ways to add passive solar features to your home
2. “The next step is to think ‘out of sight’,” says Chanel Korby, Business Development Director at TNG. “Except for the bare essential furniture, there should be nothing else on the floors. Generally, TNG stores items out of sight (drawers, cabinets, etc.) except for a few simple decorations. We also keep surfaces clear -there are no knickknacks, stacks of books, papers etc.”
3. Korby also recommends anchoring furnishings to the perimeter of a room in order to keep floor space open for an unobstructed flow. The more of your floor surface that is visible, the more your eye perceives a larger space.
4. Nassimi says he also favors the use of plain window treatments. “The TNG team prefers very simple window coverings because too many ornate coverings around the windows can make the space appear too busy,” he explains.
5. “The final thing to consider is the addition of simple accent decorations,” says Korby. “Otherwise, a home would be too boring. We typically just use simple vase with a few flowers or bare walls with a piece of art, like a drawing or a photo.”
To see more of The Nassimi Group’s minimalist-luxe listings, visit their website via the link below.